Custom Power Conversion Solutions
Eaton can leverage a library of proven topologies to quickly develop custom commercial, aerospace, and military AC/DCs, DC/DC and DC/AC power solutions. Many times a mechanical repackaging is all that is required to meet electrical and environmental requirements and application-defined space constraints.
Additional custom-solution-success enablers include:
- Eaton's power experts become extensions of customers' product development teams to develop high efficiency, high-power-density solutions that deliver uncomprimised performance and reliability
- Regulatory agency qualifications include CSA Category Program for Certification and CSA Supervised Manufacturer Testing Program.
- Customers can select from three manufacturing facilities to meet logistics and cost requirements.
To discuss your application-specific power requirements, call 310.542.8561 or e-mail Orders-EP@eaton.com.
Accelerated Design Cycles
Accelerated design cycles are supported by a staff of over 40 analog, digital and mechanical engineers with expertise in a comprehensive array of power-conversion disciplines:
- Watts to kilowatts AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC single and multiple output solutions
- Centralized, distributed, intermediate bus and dynamic bus power architectures
- Communications and control: RS, CAN, I2C, PMBUS, PSMI and GUI programmable
- Switching frequencies up to 300kHz and power densities exceeding 39 watts per cubic inch
- Analog, hybrid and full-digital feedback and control circuits
- High availability, integrated back-ups and charge management for any battery chemistry
- Convection, forced air and liquid-cooled thermal management
Global Facilities Provide Local Support
Eaton offers customers three power-conversion-solution manufacturing facilities to meet a broad range of logistics and cost requirements. Customers also have the option to utilize multiple facilities to support fast-turn prototypes and pre-production runs and accelerated production ramps.
- Torrance, CA, USA: ISO9001:2008, AS9100C, CSA Category Program for Certification and CSA Supervised Manufacturer Testing Program.
- Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico: ISO14001:2004, ISO/TS16949:2009, ISO9001:2008
- Shenzen, China: ISO14001:2004, ISO9001:2008, ISO13485:2003, BABT
Custom Industrial, Aerospace and Military Power Supplies
Eaton's broad array of standard aerospace and military AC/DC power supplies, DC/DC converters and DC/AC inverters provide proven, high-efficiency topologies that can be leveraged to quickly develop cost effective, modified and custom solutions.
Application specifc, power-conversion solutions can be designed to meet a wide range of military standards including: MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-461; CE101 and CE102, MIL-STD 1275, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-901.
Custom Datacom & Information Technology Power Supplies
Eaton's library of proven topologies includes solutions for high-availability data processing, storage, and communications applications. Solutions are available with platnum-efficiency ratings, high-power densities, and fast responses to load transients. Additional expertise includes:
- Configurations include "fractional bricks", open frame, chassis mount, hot-swap pluggable, slide-in card, shelves, racks and cabinets
- Single and three-phase AC and DC inputs with harsh-environment input-transient protections
- Interfaces and protocols include: Ethernet, USB, RS, I2C, PMBus and PSMI
- Standby outputs, output sequencing and adaptive fan controls
- Integrated Power Distribution Unit (PDU) assemblies
- Charging algorithms optimized for application-defined battery chemistries
Custom Rectifier Solutions
- Custom 24V and 48V rectifiers and controllers
- Large power solutions for central exchange and large data-center environments
- Small power systems for space-limited applications such as outdoor telecom enclosures or add-on power to data center and enterprise IT networks
- Fully-integrated distributions and battery back and alternative energy hybrid solutions
Custom Medical Power Supplies
Eaton's extensive medical power supply heritage includes meeting the essential performance requirements of IEC 60601-1, 3rd edition including MOOP and MOPP classifications for creepage, insulation, isolation and leakage currents. Additional medical expertise includes:
- Consolidations of multiple power supplies and EMI filters within host systems to increase power factor and reliability and reduce electrical noise, costs and space requirements.
- High efficiency, high-power-density medical power supplies that do not require cooling fans.
- Ultra-low-noise, multi-output solutions with extremely-low leakage currents.
This proven track record has included applications ranging from x-ray, CT scan and ultrasound imaging to eye surgery and radiation-theraphy equipment and heart-bypass pumps.