Underwater-Mate Subsea Connectors
Eaton underwater-mate connectors (formerly Electro-Oceanic and Watermate) are rated for operation up to 20,000 PSI and are designed specifically for mating of contacts that are de-energized and submerged. This comprehensive range of connectors includes:
- In-line, bulkhead, miniaturized, and hermaphroditic form factors.
- 1 to 8 contacts rated up to 440 VDC and 175 amps.
Custom capabilities include application-specific connectors and cable assemblies. Please visit the custom subsea and surface connectors and cable assemblies page for additional information.
For more information, call 805-484-0543 or e-mail customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deployment Proven Performance
Eaton's underwater-pluggable connectors utilize rugged designs that have been field proven in over 40 years of deployments. Subsea-optimized materials include specially formulated Neoprene rubber bodies and Berylium copper contacts. Additional harsh-environment design features include:
- Bulkhead connectors utilize brass or stainless steel threaded bodies and are open-face pressure rated up to 20,000 PSI.
- Low-profile, right-angle bulkhead connectors available in single and multi-circuit configurations.
- Solutions available with multiple circuits per pin/socket provide significantly increased contact densities and reduced form factors.
- Pressure-balanced designs reduce the forces needed for engagement and dis-engagement in high-pressure deployments.
Underwater Pluggable Junction Boxes
Underwater-mateable junction boxes support plugging and unplugging with power de-energized. Standard products support 6 to 24 circuits and up to 15 amps per contact; custom configurations are also available. Additional features include:
- Pressure rated to 20,000 PSI.
- Minimum insulation resistance of 100 megaohms at 500 VDC contact to contact or contact to water. 1200 VDC high-pot specification.
- Dummy plugs are available for installation in unused positions.
- Junction boxes may be molded to virtually any underwater cable including armored types.
Complementary Products Include Magnetic Switches
Eaton offers magnetic switches designed for subsea applications that mate with single pin, underwater-mate connectors. These Single Pole Single Throw (SPST), normally-open switches are activated by a magnet mounted in the host system. Additional features and specifications include:
- Contact maximum ratings: 10 watts, 0.5 amps, and 200 VDC.
- Rugged construction includes Micarta base blocks with Neoprene rubber bodies.
- 100 megaohms contact-to-contact insulation resistance.
- 1-millisecond activation time; make/break sequences up to 400 cycles per second.
- Pressure rated to 5,000 PSI.
Use the following links to e-mail Eaton customer service to receive additional underwater-mate connectors information or receive information on dry-mate and wet-mate connectors and cable assemblies: