Shore Power Connectors and Cables
Eaton supports alternative maritime power distribution (also known as "cold ironing") with an extensive range of military shore power connectors and cable assemblies for pier, surface ship, and submarine applications. Eaton's cable overmolding processes are NAVSEA S9320-AM-PRO-020/MLDG certified.
Cable assemblies for aircraft carrier to aircraft 400Hz and DC power applications are described in our aviation ground power web pages.
Many of Eaton's shore power connectors have been approved by the Defense Logistics Agency as QPL solutions for over 25 years and have been manufactured under the Burton, Viking Electronics, Crouse-Hinds, and Cooper Interconnect brands.
Please refer to our CAGE code web page if you would like to confirm that a specific CAGE (Commercial and Government Entity) code is associated with one of the above mentioned brands.
MIL-C-24368 Plugs and Receptacles
Eaton's shore power plugs and receptacles are MIL-C-24368 QPL listed. Many of these products were developed and qualified during the 1980's with approvals maintained in acordance with the applicable military standards. Additional features include:
Eaton offers a comprehensive array of shore-power plugs and receptacles in molded, potted to cable, and field-attachable configurations with a variety of 400 and 500 MCM cable terminations:
- MIL-C-24368/1 plugs with latching covers
- MIL-C-24368/2 receptacles
- MIL-C-24368/5 in-line plugs
- MIL-C-24368/5 right-angle plugs with 0, 90, 180, and 270 degree rotations.
Overmolded Cable Assemblies
Eaton combines advanced engineering tools with an extensive array of manufacturing resources, including NAVSEA S9320-AM-PRO-020/MLDG certified overmolding processes, to quickly deliver custom configured cable assemblies. Eaton’s shore-power-cable capabilities include:
- Pier-to-ship power cables with MIL-C-24368 connectors at both ends.
- Adaptor and extension cables utilizing any combination of MIL-C-24368 connectors and/or single pole terminations.
- Customer-specified cable lengths, connector orientations, environmental compliances, and electrical performance.
Eaton's single pole, shore-power connectors are rated for 600 volts and 690 amps and meet all requirements of OPNAVINST 11310.3B. These rugged connectors feature Ethylene Propylene Thermoplastic Rubber (EPTR) shells that provide excellent abrasion resistance and are available in nine colors. Additional features include:
- Military pier power distribution (E1022 ball nose) and shipyard portable power (E1023 taper nose) in-line configurations available with ergonomic, hexagon-shaped shells in nine colors.
- Panel mount receptacles (depicted below) are available in male and female configurations with 15, 30, and 90 degree offsets for 250, 500, and 750 MCM cables.
- Safety latch male contact design ensures positive engagements with female contacts.
Additional Shore Power Information
Please contact Eaton to discuss your shore power requirements by calling 805-484-0543 or use the following link to e-mail customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information describing Eaton's standard connectors and cable assemblies for subsea and surface applications is available by downloading the Subsea Connectors Design Guide.
Naval C4ISR and missions-systems solutions capabilities are described on Eaton's custom subsea connectors and cables web pages.