Eaton's non-explosive actuator solutions include G&H TechnologyTM tension releases. These low-shock devices provide rapid releases with low power consumption. Additional features include:
- Threaded, clevis pin, and custom load attachments available.
- Safe handling and deployment; non-explosive actuators do not require the explosive materials precautions associated with pyrotechnic actuators.
- Factory refurbishment significantly reduces actuator-related test and qualification costs.
For more information,call 805-484-0543 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Fragment & Debris Free Releases
Tension releases utilize split-spool initiators as hold down preloading assemblies and threaded or clevis-pin load shafts as hold down release actuators. After electrical initiation, load deployment is facilitated by internal release of the load-attachment shaft.
Tension releases are available in standard load ratings up to 1300 pounds (5.8 kilonewtons) and a separation stroke of 1.1 inches (28 mm). Customer-defined load ratings and separation-stroke lengths are also available.
Heritage proven, custom-solution capabilities
Eaton's tension-release flight heritage includes exo-atmospheric military programs and space exploration programs that extend from low-earth orbits to landings on Mars.
The technologies used in these critical applications can be leveraged to accelerate the development of custom hold down and release mechanisms to support a wide range of mission requirements:
- Single and redundant initiations.
- Customer-defined load ratings and response times.
- Form, fit, and function replacements for pyrotechnic actuators.
- Integrated connector and cable assemblies.
Additional Tension Release Information
Additional tension release selection and design-in information is provided in Eaton's Non-Explosive Actuators Design Guide and the Space and Launch Capabilities Brochure.
Non-Explosive Actuators Design Guide contents include:
- Non-explosive and pyrotechnic actuator technology comparisons
- Theories of operation for tension releases, actuators, cell-bypass switches, and highly-integrated solutions such as interconnect releases and structural-separation systems.
Space and Launch Capabilities Brochure contents include:
- Release mechanisms technologies, design platforms and custom-solution capabilities
- Space-rated connector selection including NATC, cryogenic to 5000 degrees F. operating ranges and low-imparted-shock solutions.
- Theories of operation for electrically and mechanically initiated umbilicals and in-flight disconnects.
Use the link below to register for PDF or printed copies; due to export-controls restrictions, these brochures are not downloadable from this web site.