Eaton's non-explosive actuator solutions include G&H TechnologyTM tension links. These low-shock devices are used in restraint and release applications such as Marman clamps (V-bands). Additional features include:
- Safe handling and deployment; non-explosive actuators do not require the explosive materials precautions associated with pyrotechnic actuators.
- Rapid releases with low power consumption.
- Quick turn custom solutions, including complete clamping mechanisms, are also available.
For more information,call 805-484-0543 or e-mail email@example.com
Tension Links are Electrically & Mechanically Redundant
Tension links function as clamp fasteners until redundant split-spool initiators release their actuator shafts to facilitate operation.
These heritage-proven devices are primarily designed for circular-clamp applications such as Marman and V-band clamps.
Standard load ratings are available up to 2000 pounds (8.9 kilonewtons). Custom capabilities include customer-defined load ratings.
Custom Solutions Include Complete Clamping Systems
Eaton's tension link heritage includes surface-to-air missile programs and spacecraft that has landed on Mars. Heritage-proven technologies and design platforms can be leveraged to accelerate the development of custom solutions that deliver mission-critical reliability and high-load ratings with compact-form factors.
An extensive array of custom solution features and design options includes:
- Customer-defined load ratings and response times.
- Complete V-band and Marman clamp mechanisms.
- Form, fit, and function replacements for pyrotechnic actuators.
- Integrated connector and cable assemblies.
Additional Tension Link Information
Release-mechanism selection and design-in information is provided in Eaton's Non-Explosive Actuators Design Guide and the Space and Launch Capabilities Brochure.
Non-Explosive Actuators Design Guide contents include:
- Non-explosive and pyrotechnic actuator technology comparisons
- Theories of operation for actuators, cell-bypass switches, and highly-integrated solutions such as interconnect releases and structural-separation systems.
Space and Launch Capabilities Brochure contents include:
- Release mechanisms technologies, design platforms and custom-solution capabilities
- Space-rated connector selection including NATC, cryogenic to 5000 degrees F. operating ranges and low-imparted-shock solutions.
- Theories of operation for electrically and mechanically initiated umbilicals and in-flight disconnects.
Use the link below to register for PDF or printed copies; due to export-controls restrictions, these brochures are not downloadable from this web site.