Tension Releases - Miniaturized
Eaton's non-explosive actuator solutions include G&H TechnologyTM miniaturized tension releases. These compact release mechanisms deliver a 250-pound (1.1 kilonewton) load rating while occupying less than one third of a cubic inch (five cm3). Additional features include:
- Extremely lightweight: < 12.5 grams (.44 ounces).
- Safe handling and deployment; non-explosive actuators do not require the explosive materials precautions associated with pyrotechnic actuators.
- Rapid releases with low power consumption.
For more information,call 805-484-0543 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Actuator bodies smaller than 1/3 cubic inch (5 cubic centimeters)
Miniaturized tension releases utilize split-spool initiators as hold down preloading assemblies and load shafts as hold down release actuators. After electrical initiation, load deployment is facilitated by internal release of the load-attachment shaft.
Miniaturized tension releases are available in standard load ratings up to 250 pounds (1.1 kilonewtons) and a separation stroke of 0.25 inches (6.3 mm). Customer-defined load ratings and separation-stroke lengths are also available.
Flight Qualifications Include Night Vision System Detachment
Eaton's miniaturized tension releases have been qualified for use in critical applications such as separating night-vision goggles from a pilot’s helmet prior to emergency ejection. The technologies used in these ultra-compact devices can be leveraged to quickly develop custom hold down and release mechanisms for a broad range of applications:
- Single and redundant initiations.
- Customer-defined load ratings and response times.
- Form, fit, and function replacements for pyrotechnic actuators.
- Integrated connector and cable assemblies.
Additional Information - Non-Explosive Actuators Design Guide
Additional miniaturized tension release selection and design-in information is provided in Eaton's Non-Explosive Actuators Design Guide and the Space and Launch Capabilities Brochure.
Non-Explosive Actuators Design Guide contents include:
- Non-explosive and pyrotechnic actuator technology comparisons
- Theories of operation for tension releases, actuators, cell-bypass switches, and highly-integrated solutions such as interconnect releases and structural-separation systems.
Space and Launch Capabilities Brochure contents include:
- Release mechanisms technologies, design platforms and custom-solution capabilities
- Space-rated connector selection including NATC, cryogenic to 5000 degrees F. operating ranges and low-imparted-shock solutions.
- Theories of operation for electrically and mechanically initiated umbilicals and in-flight disconnects.
Use the link below to register for PDF or printed copies; due to export-controls restrictions, these brochures are not downloadable from this web site.