Cable Release Mechanisms
Eaton's non-explosive actuator solutions include G&H TechnologyTM cable-release mechanisms. These low-shock devices can be configured with single or multiple release points and provide rapid releases with low power consumption. Additional features include:
- Safe handling and deployment; non-explosive actuators do not require the explosive materials precautions associated with pyrotechnic actuators.
- Fragment and debris-free operation.
- Form, fit, and function replacements for pyrotechnic actuators can be quickly developed.
For more information,call 805-484-0543 or e-mail email@example.com
Field Refurbishment Accelerates System-Level Testing
Cable releases utilize split-spool initiators as hold down preloading assemblies and cables as hold down release actuators.
Multiple-test sequences can be performed by field replacement of the initiators which typically costs less than 20% of the expense of replacing one shot, pyrotechnic devices.
Field-resetable mechanical initiators (right end of depicted solution) replace one of the electrical initiators to enable multiple test releases without the need for refurbishments.
Heritage Proven, Custom-Solution Capabilities
Eaton's cable release mechanisms have deployed solar panels and antenna arrays on multiple satellite programs. The heritage-proven technologies from these programs can be leveraged to quickly develop custom hold down and release mechanisms to support a wide range of mission requirements:
- Single and redundant initiations for single and multiple cable releases.
- Customer-defined load ratings and response times.
- Form, fit, and function replacements for pyrotechnic actuators.
- Integrated connector and cable assemblies.
Additional Cable Release Mechanism Information
Additional cable release mechanism selection and design-in information is provided in Eaton's Non-Explosive Actuators Design Guide and the Space and Launch Capabilities Brochure.
Non-Explosive Actuators Design Guide contents include:
- Non-explosive and pyrotechnic actuator technology comparisons
- Theories of operation for cable release mechanisms, actuators, cell-bypass switches, and highly-integrated solutions such as interconnect releases and structural-separation systems.
Space and Launch Capabilities Brochure contents include:
- Release mechanisms technologies, design platforms and custom-solution capabilities
- Space-rated connector selection including NATC, cryogenic to 5000 degrees F. operating ranges and low-imparted-shock solutions.
- Theories of operation for electrically and mechanically initiated umbilicals and in-flight disconnects.
Use the link below to register for PDF or printed copies; due to export-controls restrictions, these brochures are not downloadable from this web site.