Non-Explosive Actuators & Release Mechanisms
Eaton's non-explosive actuators and release mechanisms provide rapid responses with low power consumption across a wide range of operating temperatures. Additional features include:
- Over 45 years of heritage in space, launch and weapons-systems applications
- Fragment and debris-free operation with no precautions for explosive materials required
- Electrical compatibility with pyro-activation circuits
Get your copy of Eaton's non-explosive actuators design guide
- Non-explosive and pyrotechnic actuator technology comparisons.
- Theories of operation for actuators, release mechanisms and structural-separation systems.
Use the following e-mail link to register for PDF or printed copies; due to export-controls restrictions, these brochures are not downloadable from this web site: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-explosive actuators support safe handling and deployment and do not require the explosive-material precautions inherent of pyrotechnic actuators. Non-explosive actuators, including pyrotechnic actuator replacements, are also described on the space and launch solutions page.