Space-rated custom connectors
Eaton offers space-rated connectors in MIL-DTL-38999 derived, miniaturized and custom form factors including G&H TechnologyTM solutions. Additional features and design options include:
- Extensive heritage ranges from launch-umbilical connectors to in-flight disconnects.
- Low-imparted shock connector features include compensation for mating/demating misalignments.
- Extreme temperature capabilities extend from cryogenic to 5000 degrees F.
- EMI/RFI filtered, hermetic, lanyard-released and NASA SSQ 21635 NATC connectors.
To discuss your space-rated connectivity requirements, call 805-484-0543 or e-mail customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org
NASA SSQ 21635 NATC
NASA SSQ 21635 NATC connectors are intermatable with MIL-DTL-38999 Series III shell sizes 9 to 25 and are available in 53 standard contact patterns including MIL-DTL-1553 high-speed data and bussed contacts.
Additional features and design options include:
- Power configurations are based in MIL-DTL-5015 inserts in shell sizes 25L to 37.
- Shell-hpousing grounds mate prior to contact engagement.
- Coupling nut anti-rotation mechanisms eliminate the need for lock wires.
- Quick turn, custom-solution capabilities include thermal and electrical deadfaces and application specific shell and contact arrangements.
Cryogenic to 5000 degrees farenheit
Cryogenic connectors, for applications such as fuel monitoring, are rated for temperatures as low as -452 degrees F. (-269 degrees C.). Eaton's cryogenic-connector design heritage includes:
- Feed-through receptacles that mount on fuel-tank walls.
- Plugs that connect fuel-sensor wiring harnesses to feedthrough receptacles.
- Plugs that connect feedthrough receptacles to launch-vehicle wiring harnesses.
High-temperature connector flight heritage includes launch-vehicle-mounted receptacles (depicted to the left) that utilize ceramic inserts to facilitate withstanding 5000 degree F. (2760 degree C.) launch vehicle exhaust plumes.
Low imparted shock solutions
Low-imparted-shock connectors incorporate load balancing designs that compensate for misalignments during mating and demating and have been heritage proven on multiple satellite and launch-vehicle programs. Additional features and design options include:
- Designed to withstand 91.2gRMS random vibration with shock levels over 25,000g's.
- Spring-loaded mounting compensates for up to five degrees of mating misalignment.
- Outgassed to a total mass loss less than 1% with collected volatile material less than 0.1%.
- Depressurization/venting rating: 3.5kPa per second atmospheric pressure decay.
Filtered and hermetic receptacles
Application-specific EMI filtered and hermetic receptacles are available in a wide range of custom and MIL-DTL-38999 derived shell and insert configurations.
- Filtered receptacles utilize planar-capacitor technologies that facilitate high-contact-density solutions that can be optimized for any frequency, voltage, and impedance requirements.
- Hermetically-sealed receptacles utilize fluorosilicone interfacial seals and hermetic glass seals to provide helium leakage ratings less than 1 E-7 CC/S per EIA-364-02.
Umbilical connectors and in-flight disconnects
A broad range of flight-proven technologies can be leveraged to quickly develop custom umbilical connectors and in-flight disconnects. Design options include:
- Connectors with redundant mechanically and/or electrically actuated separation mechanisms.
- Anti-bind roll-off shells, 360 degree EMI protection, electrically and thermally deadfaced configurations, push-pull snap action couplings, and visual and tactical mating indicators.
- Single and redundant-release lanyard connectors with MIL-DTL-38999 Series III or Series IV coupling mechanisms.
Additional information - Space and launch capabilities brochure
Eaton's Space and Launch Capabilities brochure provides heritage-proven-solution information for applications ranging from launch pads to mission payloads:
- Umbilical solutions, interstage-separation connectors, and rack and panel configurations.
- Cryogenic connectors and high-temperature disconnects rated up to 5000 degrees F.
- Non-explosively actuated release mechanisms.
- NATC connectors, low-imparted-shock solutions, and custom-cable assemblies.
- Cell bypass switches for battery and solar-panel applications.
Use the link below to register for PDF or printed copies; due to export-controls restrictions, this brochure is not downloadable from this web site.