Modified MIL-DTL-38999 Series III & IV
Eaton's heritage-proven technologies and design platforms can be leveraged to accelerate development of custom MIL-DTL-38999 Series III and Series IV solutions for a wide range of military and aerospace connector requirements.
Eaton's MIL-DTL-38999 custom-solution capabilities include application-specific contacts, shells, environmental performance, and the modifications described below. This extensive array of capabilities augments Eaton's broad range of standard MIL-DTL-38999 Series III and MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV connectors.
To discuss your application-specific connectivity requirements, call 805-484-0543 or e-mail customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Single and redundant-release lanyard plugs
The redundant-release lanyard connector depicted to the left supports low-pull force, off-axis releases; incorporates MIL-DTL-38999 Series III complaint coupling threads; and can be utilized for a wide range of critical applications including weapons release and manned spaceflight.
Redundantly-released connectors are also available with any combination of mechanical and electrical primary and secondary actuation mechanisms.
For additional dual-released-lanyard and redundant electrically/mechanically released connectors information, register for Eaton's export-controlled Space and Launch Solutions Brochure by e-mailing customer service: email@example.com.
MIL-DTL-38999/36 lanyard-released connectors are also available as modified solutions; please contact Eaton to discuss your application requirements.
Custom hermetic and filtered receptacles
Eaton's MIL-DTL-38999 hermetic and filtered receptacles can be quickly customized to meet a broad array of military and aerospace connector requirements. Quick-turn modifications include:
- Special insert/shell arrangements and materials.
- Space-rated solutions including NASA Thread Coupling (NATC).
- Custom connector/cable assemblies and wiring harnesses.
- Filters optimized for application-specific frequency, voltage, and impedance requirements.
- Operation in extreme environments including extended temperature ranges, shock and vibration, radiation, EMI/RFI, corrosive contaminants, vacuum, and pressures to 20,000 PSI.
Custom Space-Rated Connectors
Eaton's extensive array of space-rated connectors in MIL-DTL-38999 derived, miniaturized, and custom form factors includes heritage-proven G&H TechnologyTM solutions. Additional features and design options include:
- Ergonomic Wing-LokTM configurations (depicted to the left) facilitate rapid engagements even when wearing bulky space gloves.
- Low-imparted shock connectors compensate for mating/demating misalignments.
- Extreme-environment capabilities include cryogenic to 5000 degrees F. temperature ranges.
- EMI/RFI filtered, hermetic, and NASA SSQ 21635 NATC connectors.
Custom Cable Assemblies and Wiring Harnesses
Military and aerospace cable assembly and wiring harness capabilities include overmolded, coaxial, flat ribbon, and fiber optic for power, data, and hybrid applications.
Solution-development expertise includes operation in extreme environments including extended temperature ranges, shock and vibration, radiation, EMI/RFI, corrosive contaminants, vacuum, and pressures to 20,000 PSI.
In addition to turnkey design and manufacturing for new projects, build-to-print services for production-ready designs are also available.
Additional Information - MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Design Guides
Get your copies of Eaton's MIL-DTL-38999 Design Guides:
- Insert service ratings and arrangement drawings.
- D38999 QPL part number to factory part-number conversions.
- Comprehensive product specifications and mechanical drawings.
- Assembly instructions and installation tool descriptions.
Use the links below to download a PDF or send an e-mail to request printed copies.