Weapons systems custom solutions
Heritage-proven products and custom-solution capabilities position Eaton as a primary source for weapons systems connectors and cable assemblies for all physical domains: air, space, sea, and terrestrial.
In addition to QPL and standard connectors for weapons-systems applications, Eaton offers an extensive range of custom-interconnect-solution capabilities such as the redundant-release lanyard-connector depicted to the left and MIL-DTL-38999/36 lanyard-released plugs.
Due to ITAR restrictions, this web page only provides overview information. For more information describing Eaton's weapons-systems program heritage and custom-solutions capabilities, please call 805-484-0543 or e-mail customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Extensive weapons systems program heritage
A wide range of custom-design options
Eaton combines advanced engineering tools with an extensive array of manufacturing resources to quickly deliver custom connectors and cable assemblies for weapons-systems applications:
- Application-specific solutions for high currents and voltages, Ethernet and RF applications.
- Hermetic and filtered receptacles.
- Lanyard-released plugs including MIL-DTL-38999/36 and the redundantly-released configuration depicted at the top of this page.
- Extreme temperatures, shock, vibration, radiation, corrosive media, vacuum, and pressures up to 20,000 PSI.
- Integrated fluid and pneumatic connectivity.
- Water blocked and pressure balanced naval connector/cable assemblies.
Actuators and release mechanisms
Eaton's non-explosive actuators have extensive heritage in weapons systems applications including releases of airborne ordinance fins and separations of multiple warheads on ballistic missiles.
Release-mechanism configurations include pin pullers and compression releases, separation nuts, tension links and releases and cable-release mechanisms. Custom solution capabilities include form, fit, and function replacements for pyrotechnic actuators.
Use the link below to receive a copy of Eaton's Non-Explosive Actuators Design Guide; due to export-controls restrictions, this document is not downloadable from this web site.
Custom Cable Assemblies and Wiring Harnesses
Military and aerospace cable assembly and wiring harness capabilities include overmolded, coaxial, flat ribbon, and fiber optic for power, data, and hybrid applications.
Solution-development expertise includes operation in extreme environments including extended temperature ranges, shock and vibration, radiation, EMI/RFI, corrosive contaminants, vacuum, and pressures to 20,000 PSI.
In addition to turnkey design and manufacturing for new projects, build-to-print services for production-ready designs are also available.
Heritage proven technologies and design platforms
Heritage-proven technologies and design platforms can be leveraged to quickly provide a wide range of custom solutions for applications ranging from shoulder fired missiles to ICBMs. For additional design platform information, please select one of the following links:
- MIL-DTL-38999 Series III connectors
- MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV connectors
- Micro-military connectors with shell diameters as small as 0.43" (11mm)
- ICBM qualified, high-current connectors rated up to 900 amps
- Pin pullers for airborne-ordinance applications such as control-fin releases