Tactical communications & C4ISR customs
Heritage-proven products and custom-solution capabilities position Eaton as a primary source for C4ISR and tactical communications connectors and cable assemblies for all physical domains: air, space, sea, and terrestrial.
Eaton's extensive array of custom connector and cable assembly capabilities augment a broad range of standard C4ISR and tactical communications solutions.
To discuss your application-specific connectivity requirements, call 805-484-0543 or e-mail customer service: email@example.com
Custom hotshoe solutions
Eaton utilizes modular designs and standardized production processes to facilitate quick-turn development of custom plug/cable assemblies (depicted above) and receptacles (depicted to left). Additional design options and features include:
- Accordion or pogo pin contacts.
- Single or redundant contacts with pointed, cupped, or radiused-tip geometries.
- Tail configurations include through hole, SMT, vertical mating, and right-angle mating.
- Accordion contact advantages include reduced impedances and elimination of the possibility of contaminant build up between contact parts
MIL-DTL-55116 form factor 19 & 27 contact connectors
These high-contact density, 19 and 27 pin solutions support mixed audio, signal, and data applications that require more contacts than provided by MIL-DTL-55116 QPL connectors.
- Gold-over-nickel contacts are rated for 0.23 amps and 3000 mate and demate cycles.
- 500 Vrms dielectric withstand voltage.
- Passivated, stainless-steel shells.
- Solutions include EMI/RFI filtered receptacles.
- Custom capabilities include cable assemblies and wiring harnesses.
MIL-DTL-55181 power splitters
Power splitters are available to distribute power to multiple cables, plugs, or receptacles.
The stacking connector depicted to the left distributes power without the use of Y cables by incorporating plug contacts on the front mating surface and receptacle contacts on the rear.
The stacking connector plug contacts are mated to the battery. Internal contacts provide electrical continuity between the plug contacts, attached cable, and receptacle contacts that are mated to the QPL connector stacked on top of it. When used without a "piggybacked" connector mated to the receptacle contacts, the stacking connector functions identical to a MIL-DTL-55181 plug.
EMI-filtered receptacles are available as standard products and custom solutions in five and six pin configurations with all pins, or only selected pins, filtered.
- Standard panel-mount receptacles incorporate low pass, pi network, ferrite-ceramic capacitors. Each pin is surrounded by a filter that is connected to an internal ground plane. Standard products are designed for a 100 VDC working voltage with dielectric-withstand voltages up to 500 VDC.
- Custom solutions can be developed for panel mount or cable mounting to meet a wide range of application-specific voltage, frequency, and impedance requirements. End-to-end filtered solution capabilities include custom connector/cable assemblies.
Custom Cable Assemblies and Wiring Harnesses
Military and aerospace cable assembly and wiring harness capabilities include overmolded, coaxial, flat ribbon, and fiber optic for power, data, and hybrid applications.
Solution-development expertise includes operation in extreme environments including extended temperature ranges, shock and vibration, radiation, EMI/RFI, corrosive contaminants, vacuum, and pressures to 20,000 PSI.
In addition to turnkey design and manufacturing for new projects, build-to-print services for production-ready designs are also available.
Additional information - C4ISR / Tactical Communications Design Guide
Get your copy of the C4ISR / Tactical Communications Connectors and Cable Assemblies Design Guide. This 52-page brochure contains detailed information for a comprehensive range of connectivity solutions in form factors ranging from latest generation to legacy.