Military cable manufacturing resources
Eaton's 50-year track record of providing military and aerospace connectivity solutions is the cornerstone for an extensive array of standard and custom connectors, accelerated design-to-deployment cycle time capabilities, and application-optimized design options:
- Heritage-proven designs and tooling can be leveraged to support a wide range of customer requirements.
- Three strategically-located facilities provide logistics, certification/compliance, and ITAR support options.
- Turnkey design, collaborative co-development, and build to print engineering engagements.
This page presents an overview of design options that can be selected by customers to support their applications. Click here to return to the custom cables and wiring harnesses main web page.
High-speed planetary cable winder
Eaton's in-house planetary cable winder supports accelerated deliver schedules and eliminates minimum cable requirements. Additional capabilities include:
- Helically and contra-helically laid cable capabilities provide maximum cable flexibility to meet customer-defined bend radius requirements.
- Taping heads apply foil shields, Mylar tapes and binders during the cabling process.
- Accommodates 1/8 to 1 1/2 inch cables utilizing 28AWG to 1/0AWG conductors or pairs.
- Provides 36+ positions depending on component size and construction.
In-house designed braiders
Eaton's in-house designed braiders can accommodate virtually any combination of foil and braided shields to facilitate application-optimized EMI/RFI protection.
- Braid angles and gear ratios are calculated based on specific cable sizes and complexities to provide optical coverages > 90%.
- EMI/RFI shielding is also enhanced by specialized backshells that provide 360 degree shield terminations.
Eaton maintains an extensive array of overmolding resources to support accelerated design to deployment schedules and ensure void-free overmolds in mission-critical military applications. In-house overmolding resources include:
- Eighteen small form factor (4 - 6 inch stroke) compression molding machines.
- Five transfer molding presses with 15 to 75 ton capabilities.
- Low pressure, hot-plate molding equipment.
- A large selection of in-house overmold cavities supports MIL-DTL-38999, MIL-DTL-83513 micro, and MIL-DTL-24308 D-subminiature connector applications.
Additional Information - Military Cable Capabilities
For additional custom cable information, call 805-484-0543 or select the following link:
This brochure describes:
- Design options for cable assemblies and wiring harnesses
- Turnkey design, collaborative co-development, and build to print capabilities
- Accelerated design to deployment supported by an extensive array of in-house design and manufacturing resources