Custom cable assemblies
Eaton combines advanced engineering tools with an extensive array of manufacturing resources to quickly deliver custom solutions for military and aerospace cable assembly and wiring harness applications. Turnkey design, collaborative co-development, and build-to-print capabilities include:
- Application-specific solutions for high currents and voltages, Ethernet and RF applications.
- Single and multiple-layer foil and braided EMI/RFI shielding.
- Extreme temperatures, shock and vibration.
- Radiation, corrosive media, vacuum, and pressures up to 20,000 PSI.
- Integrated mechanical tow, fluid delivery, and cable separation and release capabilities.
Extensive range of design options
Over 50 years of uncompromised reliability
Eaton custom connectors and cable assemblies have over 50 years of harsh-environment military, aerospace, and subsea heritage including:
- Missile launcher cable assemblies.
- Submarine launch tube control and secondary propulsion motor control cable assemblies.
- Mine-detection-sled tow cables with integrated power, data, and fuel delivery capabilities.
- Vertical launch, missile-systems connectivity solutions.
- Overmolded transducer headmass assembly and cable assemblies.
- Mine-hunting sonar, tether-cable assemblies.
Vertically Integrated Manufacturing Capabilities
Eaton's investments in vertically integrated manufacturing resources support a broad range of custom cable assembly and wiring harness requirements:
- In-house designed planetary winding equipment facilitates manufacturing helically and contra-helically laid cables to meet customer defined, bend-radius requirements.
- Speciallly-designed braiders facilitate optimization of foil and braid shields to meet application-specific EMI/RFI requirements.
- An extensive range of overmolding equipment supports compression, transfer, and hot-plate molding.
Additional Information - Custom Cable Capabilities
For additional custom cable information, call 805-484-0543 or select the following link:
This brochure describes:
- Design options for cable assemblies and wiring harnesses
- Turnkey design, collaborative co-development, and build to print capabilities
- Accelerated design to deployment supported by an extensive array of in-house design and manufacturing resources