Lanyard & Electrically Released Connectors
Interconnects designed to disconnect
Eaton's mil/aero solutions include lanyard and electrically-initiated connectors for applications ranging from weapons release to manned space flight. Single and redundantly-released interconnects include MIL-DTL-38999 QPL and modified, umbilicals, and in-flight disconnects.
Additional features include heritage-proven designs that enable 22 degree off-axis pulls with less than 100 pounds of separation force.
For more information, calll 805-484-0543, or e-mail customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIL-DTL-38999 /29, /30, /31, and /36
Eaton's MIL-DTL-38999/29, /30, /31, and /36 lanyard-released plugs are designed for MIL-STD-1760 mechanical release applications. Features and options include:
- 22 degree off-axis pull capabilities outperform MIL-DTL-38999 requirements.
- Low force (40 - 90 pound) release mechanisms
- Custom length and adjustable-length lanyards as depicted to the left.
For more information, calll 805-484-0543, or select one of the following links:
Dual-release lanyards with MIL-DTL-38999 Series III Couplings
The dual-release lanyard connector depicted to the left supports low-pull force, off-axis releases and incorporates MIL-DTL-38999 Series III complaint coupling threads.
These redundantly-released plugs can be used for applications ranging from weapons systems to manned space flight. For additional information, register for Eaton's export-controlled Space and Launch Solutions Brochure (depicted below) by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Umbilical connectors and In-Flight Disconnects
Eaton's can leverage a broad range of heritage-proven technologies and design platforms to develop application specific solutions; quick-turn capabilities include:
- Fully integrated mechanically and/or electrically initiated connector-and-actuator solutions.
- Release redundancy facilitated by any combination of mechanical lanyard releases and/or electrical pin puller release mechanisms.
- Anti-bind roll-off shells, 360-degree EMI protection, electrically and thermally deadfaced configurations, push-pull snap action couplings, and visual and tactile mating indicators.
For additional information, register for Eaton's export-controlled Space and Launch Solutions Brochure by e-mailing customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV lanyard-released plugs
Eaton's MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV plugs require significantly lower separation forces than many QPL connectors. Flight heritage includes multiple military helicopter, weapons release applications. Performance advantages include:
- Straight pull releases with as low as 90 pounds of force
- 15° off-angle separations with as low as 100 pounds of force.
- Withstands 500 harsh-environment mating cycles and 100 snatch releases.