Custom Connectors and Cable Assemblies
Eaton's heritage-proven technologies and design platforms can be leveraged to accelerate development of custom MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV solutions for a wide range of military and aerospace connector requirements.
- High-speed data including: 10/100/1000/10GBASE-T Ethernet, MIL-DTL-1553, USB, and fiber optic.
- Contacts include split-pair quadrax, standard quadrax, differential twinax, and controlled impedance.
- Additional customer-defined features: shell/insert arrangements, materials and platings, mounting flanges, backshells, strain reliefs, and extended coupling rings.
For more information, call 805-484-0543 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Lanyard-Release Custom Plugs
Eaton's MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV derived, lanyard-release plugs require significantly lower separation forces than many QPL connectors. Flight heritage includes multiple helicopter weapons release applications. Performance advantages and customization capabilities include:
- Straight pull releases with as low as 90 pounds of force.
- 15° off-angle separations with as low as 100 pounds of force.
- Withstands 500 harsh-environment mating cycles and 100 snatch releases.
- Additional lanyard-plug modifications include redundant releases and custom and adjustable lanyard lengths.
Umbilical Connectors and In-Flight Disconnects
Eaton's extensive program heritage has provided proven technologies and design platforms that can be quickly leveraged to support a broad range of application-specific requirements:
- Fully integrated connector-and-actuator solutions are available in mechanically and electrically initiated configurations.
- Redundancy can be facilitated by any combination of mechanical lanyard releases and/or electrical pin puller release mechanisms.
Custom Space-Rated Connectors
Space-rated connectors are available in MIL-DTL-38999 derived, miniaturized, and custom form factors. Additional features and design options include:
- Ergonomic Wing-LokTM configurations (depicted to the left) facilitate rapid engagements even when wearing bulky space gloves.
- Low-imparted shock connectors compensate for mating/demating misalignments.
- Extreme-environment capabilities include cryogenic to 5000 degrees F. temperature ranges.
- EMI/RFI filtered, hermetic, and NASA SSQ 21635 NATC connectors.
Custom Cable Assemblies and Wiring Harnesses
Military and aerospace cable assembly and wiring harness capabilities include overmolded, coaxial, flat ribbon, and fiber optic for power, data, and hybrid applications.
Solution-development expertise includes operation in extreme environments including extended temperature ranges, shock and vibration, radiation, EMI/RFI, corrosive contaminants, vacuum, and pressures to 20,000 PSI.
In addition to turnkey design and manufacturing for new projects, build-to-print services for production-ready designs are also available.
Additional Custom Solutions Information - Series IV Design Guide
Get your copy of the MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV Design Guide. This 56-page brochure contains detailed Breech-Lok connector selection and design-in information including:
- Insert service ratings and arrangement drawings.
- D38999 QPL part number to factory part-number conversions.
- Comprehensive product specifications and mechanical drawings.
- Assembly instructions and installation tool descriptions.
Use the links below to download a PDF or send an e-mail to request printed copies.