Custom Connectors and Cable Assemblies
An extensive array of heritage-proven technologies and design platforms can be leveraged to accelerate the development of custom solutions for military and aerospace connector applications:
- High-speed data: 10/100/1000/10GBASE-T Ethernet, MIL-DTL-1553, USB, and fiber optic.
- Contact configurations include split-pair quadrax, standard quadrax, differential twinax, and controlled impedance.
- Additional customer-defined features: shell/insert arrangements, materials and platings, mounting flanges, backshells, strain reliefs, and extended coupling rings.
For more information, call 805-484-0543 or select one of the following links:
Umbillical Connectors and In-Flight Disconnects
Flight heritage for G&H Technology umbillical connectors, inflight disconnects, and connector separation mechanisms includes the Space Shuttle, Atlas Rocket, Viking Mars Lander, Discoverer, Peacekeeper ICBM, Minuteman ICBM, and Venus Pioneer.
This broad range of flight-proven technologies and design platforms can be leveraged to quickly develop custom umbillical connectors and in-flight disconnects including:
- Fully integrated connector-and-actuator solutions are available in mechanically and electrically initiated configurations.
- Redundancy can be facilitated by any combination of mechanical lanyard releases and/or electrical pin puller release mechanisms.
Space Rated Custom Solutions
Eaton's extensive array of space-rated connectors in MIL-DTL-38999 derived, miniaturized, and custom form factors includes heritage-proven G&H TechnologyTM solutions. Additional features and design options include:
- Ergonomic Wing-LokTM configurations (depicted to the left) facilitate rapid engagements even when wearing bulky space gloves.
- Low-imparted shock connectors compensate for mating/demating misalignments.
- Extreme-environment capabilities include cryogenic to 5000 degrees F. temperature ranges.
- EMI/RFI filtered, hermetic, and NASA SSQ 21635 NATC connectors.
Custom Cable Assemblies and Wiring Harnesses
Military and aerospace cable assembly and wiring harness capabilities include overmolded, coaxial, flat ribbon, and fiber optic for data, power, and hybrid applications.
Solution-development expertise includes operation in extreme environments including extended temperature ranges, shock and vibration, radiation, EMI/RFI, corrosive contaminants, vacuum, and pressures to 20,000 PSI.
In addition to turnkey design and manufacturing for new projects, build-to-print services for production-ready designs are also available.
Additional Information - Series III Design Guide
Get your copy of the MIL-DTL-38999 Series III Design Guide. This 60-page brochure contains detailed connector selection and design-in information including:
- Insert service ratings and arrangement drawings.
- D38999 QPL part number to factory part-number conversions.
- Comprehensive product specifications and mechanical drawings.
- Assembly instructions and installation tool descriptions.
Use the links below to download a PDF or send an e-mail to request printed copies.