Wheelock 8 Amp Power Supplies
The Wheelock POWERPATH (PS-8-LP) by Eaton is a supervised remote power supply/battery charger in a low profile cabinet that is used for supervision and expanded power driving capability of fire alarm Notification Appliance Circuits (NAC). The PS-8-LP is filtered and regulated and provides 8 amps of power distributed across 4 outputs.
The power supplies may be connected to any 12V or 24V (FWR or DC) Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP) by using a NAC or a “Dry Contact.” Primary applications include NAC expansion (supports ADA requirements) and auxiliary power to support system accessories. This unit provides filtered and regulated 24VDC, up to four (4) Class “B”, two (2) Class “A”, or two (2) Class “B” and one (1) Class “A” Notification Appliance Circuits. With the optional plug-in PS-EXP module the unit supports (8) Class “B” or (4) Class “A” Notification Appliance Circuits. Additionally, an auxiliary power output of 2.5 Amps (disconnected upon AC power loss or an alarm condition) or up to 0.240 A of constant power on the PS-8-LP.
The Wheelock power supplies can accommodate 7 AH batteries inside its lockable chassis. Using an external battery cabinet it can charge up to 33 AH batteries (pending UL testing). Two FACP NAC circuits or two “Dry” contact initiating circuits can be connected to the inputs. These inputs can then be directed to control supervision and power delivery to any combination of the four (4) outputs. Each output is rated at 3.0 Amps (Class “B”) or (Class “A”) and can be programmed to generate a steady or Code 3 temporal horn sound and a strobe output under alarm condition. Total load for PS-8-LP NAC circuits must not exceed the power supplies rated output.
|Catalog Number||PS-8-LP, PS-8E-LP, PS-8-B-LP, PS-8E-B-LP, PS-8-EXP-LP, PS-8E-EXP-LP|
|Finish Color||Red or Black|
|Input Current||0.005 amps|
|Input Voltage Range||8-33 VDC or VFWR|
|Standby and Alarm Current||0.129 Amps|
|Primary PS-8-LP (120 VAC)||105 to 130 VAC 50/60 Hz @ 5.32 Amps|
|Dimensions||17"H x 13"W x 3.5"D (PS-8-LP,PS-6)|
|Approvals||UL Standard 864, 1481, FM|
- 120VAC, 50/60Hz, 5.32 Amps Operating Power in Alarm
- 240VAC, 60Hz, 3.22 Amps Operating Power in Alarm
- 24VDC Battery Backup Connection
- Two (2), 12V or 24V NAC Initiating Circuits (8-33V at 5mA) FWR or DC
- Two (2) “Dry” Contact initiating Circuits
- Accepts two (2) Class “A” or two (2) Class “B” circuit inputs
- Built in battery charger for sealed lead acid or gel type Batteries
- NAC outputs are 24VDC, 3.0 Amps each, power limited
- Temporal (Code 3), constant voltage output, Wheelock Sync output or True input to output follower mode
- Built-in Wheelock synchronization mode that can be fed to any or all of the output circuits
- Input and output can be synchronized with “IN>OUT SYNC” mode (SM, DSM, 2nd POWERPATH™ or FACP with synchronization protocol is required)
- Audible silence capability