15 kV Class Fused Loadbreak Elbow Connector
The 15 kV Class Fused Loadbreak Elbow Connector from Cooper Power Systems combines a fully-shielded and insulated plug-in termination with full-range current-limiting fuse protection. The Fused Loadbreak Elbow Connector provides a convenient and cost effective means to adding fused protection to underground distribution systems, for connecting underground cables to transformers, switching cabinets and junctions equipped with IEEE Std 386 standard 200 A, 15 kV Class loadbreak bushings.
|Standard Voltage Class:||15 kV|
|Maximum Rating Phase-to-phase:||8.3 kV|
|Maximum Rating Phase-to-Ground:||8.3 kV|
|AC 60 Hz 1 Minute Withstand:||34 kV|
|DC 15 Minute Withstand:||53 kV|
|BIL and Full Wave Crest:||95 kV|
|Minimum Corona Voltage Level:||11 kV|
- Designed as a switching device, it is tested at the maximum fuse rating in accordance to the procedures of IEEE Std 386 standard - latest revision.
- Cooper Fused Loadbreak Elbow Connectors are molded using high quality peroxide-cured insulating and semi-conducting EPDM rubber.
- Standard features include a copper probe adapter, coppertop connector, copper loadbreak probe with an ablative arc-follower tip and stainless steel reinforced pulling-eye.
- The capacitive test points are made of corrosion resistant plastic and are used for voltage detection.
- Cable ranges are designed to accept a wide range of cable conductor and insulation sizes and accommodate cable manufactured to either AEIC or ICEA standards.
- The coppertop compression connector consists of an aluminum crimp barrel inertia-welded to a copper lug and provides a connection to transition from the cable to the current-limiting fuse.
- The aluminum barrel makes the connector easy to crimp and the copper lug ensures a reliable, tight, cool operating connection with the current-limiting fuse.