600 A 15 kV Class BT-TAP Deadbreak Connector
Eaton's Cooper Power™ series 600 A, 15 kV Class BT-TAP deadbreak vonnector is used to terminate high-voltage underground cable to transformers, switches, switchgear and other apparatus. It is designed for use with unthreaded compression connectors, to easily retrofit existing 600 A BOL-T installations or in new installations where a 200 A interface is required and where the system will not need to be frequently operated.
BT-TAP connectors are designed for use on solid dielectric cable (XLPE or EPR) with extruded semi-conductive shields and concentric neutral, with or without a jacket. Installation on jacketed concentric neutral cable may require additional sealing material. Cold shrinkable adapters are available for tape shield, linear corrugated, unishield, and drain wire cables for use with deadbreak connectors.
|Standard Voltage Class:||15 kV|
|Maximum Rating Phase-to-Phase (loadbreak reducing tap plug only):||14.4 kV|
|Maximum Rating Phase-to-Ground:||8.3 kV|
|AC 60 Hz 1 Minute Withstand:||34 kV|
|DC 15 Minute Withstand:||53 kV|
|BIL and Full Wave Crest:||95 kV|
|Minimum Partial Discharge Extinction Voltage:||11 kV|
- 900 amp rating available.
- The BT-TAP Deadbreak Connector is fully-shielded, submersible and meets the requirements of IEEE Std 386™ standard – “Separable Insulated Connector Systems.”
- The 200 A, three-phase rated loadbreak interface provides a means for obtaining a direct conductor test, visible ground and provides a convenient location for a Cooper M.O.V.E. Arrester or grounding elbow.
- Cooper Power Systems offers an optional capacitive test point similar to test points on our 200 A elbow connectors. This allows use of Cooper’s Type “TPR” Series Fault Indicators, and provides a hotstick operable means of determining circuit condition when used with high impedance voltage sensing devices designed for test points.
- If the system will be frequently operated to sectionalize or to achieve a visible break or ground, Cooper recommends the use of the T-OP II Connector System.
Shear Bolt Connector
The stepless shear bolt connector, used in 600 A deadbreak terminations, ensures more installation consistency than conventional shear bolt connectors and eliminates the need for compression tools and dies. It is now available in Eaton’s Cooper Power Systems 15, 25, and 35 kV class Bol-T and BT-Tap deadbreak connector systems.