The Magnetic Fields Module (EMF) is an add-on module to the CYMCAP software. After a steady-state ampacity or temperature simulation, the module computes the magnetic flux density at any point on or above the ground of an underground cable installation. The output is a plot (or a table) of magnetic flux density versus position.
Modeling features include:
- Infinite-length thin-wire two-dimensional approach
- Consideration of time-varying currents producing an elliptically polarized rotating magnetic vector
- The currents in a three-phase circuit can be unbalanced (in magnitude and phase)
- All media is assumed homogenous, isotropic and linear
- The induced currents are neglected