DAS Switch & iDC Control
Eaton’s Cooper Power Systems DAS three-phase, electronically controlled, vacuum-interrupting distribution automation switch provides reliable, economical switching, sectionalizing, advanced metering, and automation systems for distribution circuits rated through 38 kV.
Utilizing industry leading technology, the DAS three-phase switch and iDC control featuring the ProView™ platform, host a complete set of switching, automation, metering, and data acquisition functionality to maximize system performance and reduce customer outages while optimizing the grid via real-time data.
- iDC Use and Operations Manual (PowerCentral requires a separate login. Navigate to Customer, User Guides tab, iDC Control)
|Ratings||Maximum voltage ratings of 15.5 kV, 27.0 kV, and 38.0 kV|
|Ratings||Rated continuous current of 630 Amps|
|Ratings||800 Amp accessory is available|
|Temperature Ratings||Temperature range of -40°C to +55°C|
- The DAS switch is a three-phase, electronically controlled, vacuum switch with a mechanism that provides close and latch capability for electrical operation through a temperature range of -40 °C to +55 °C.
- The solid polymer system does not rely on a gaseous, liquid, or foam dielectric. The DAS switch is highly resistant to ozone, oxygen, moisture, contamination, and ultraviolet light.
- Three-phase switching on systems rated up to 15.5 kV is provided by DAS15 switches. DAS27 switches can be applied on systems rated through 27.0 kV. Higher-voltage system switching at 38.0 kV is provided by DAS38 switches.
- Compact and lightweight, DAS switches are easily installed on poles or in substations. Mounting equipment is available for both pole and substation applications.
- DAS switches are designed and manufactured in accordance with IEC 62271-103:2011, IEEE Std C37.63™-2013 standard, and ISO 9001 Certified Quality Management System.
- Switch operations are programmed in an electronic control with accurate characteristics and a host of advanced features. When system requirements change, program settings are easily altered with no sacrifice of accuracy or consistency.
The new microprocessor-based DAS iDC switch control runs the new ProView 5.0 application software, including an Application Launcher that features a common interface for both iDC and Form 6 recloser controls. The iDC control integrates real-time valuable grid and outage data to be ported to your SCADA or feeder automation system. Complete with a separate regulated power supply, the control is automation-ready for your choice of radio.
Multiple communications ports are available including serial and Ethernet with wire or fiber options. Also, tailor your digital communications performance with the user-configurable mapping of DNP3 protocol. The control can be easily configured through the simple front panel display or with a laptop through an RS-232 serial port on the front panel.