The DAS switch is an environmentally preferred vacuum switch for general purpose, distribution automation, and distribution switching applications. Electronically controlled, the three-phase DAS switch mechanism provides close and latch capability for electrical operation. An embedded CT is optional with 15 kV and 27 kV units and standard in 38 kV units. The solid cycloaliphatic-epoxy insulation offers outstanding performance while eliminating the maintenance and environmental issues of oil or gas insulation. The DAS switch provides manual or electrical OPEN or CLOSE capability and is operated by an auxiliary low-voltage power source. Circuit switching is accomplished via remote control.
|Ratings||Maximum voltage ratings of 15.5 kV, 29.2 kV, and 38.0 kV|
|Ratings||Rated continuous current of 630 Amps|
|Ratings||800 Amp accessory is available|
|Temperature Ratings||Temperature range of -40°C to +65°C|
- The Kyle Type DAS Distribution Automation Switch is a three-phase, electronically controlled, vacuum switch with a mechanism that provides close and latch capability for electrical operation.
- The DAS switch offers maximum voltage ratings of 15.5 kV, 29.2 kV, and 38.0 kV with a rated continuous current of 630 Amps. An 800 Amp accessory is also available. The BIL is dependent upon the maximum voltage ratings.
- For current-sensing applications, the DAS switch has an embedded CT option available for 15 kV and 27 kV units. The embedded CT is standard for 38 kV units. The DAS has three, solid-polymer interrupter modules and is suitable for operation through a temperature range of -40°C to +65°C.
- The DAS solid dielectric system is designed for no maintenance for the life of the switch. The DAS utilizes the Kyle NOVA solid insulation system. An environmentally friendly dielectric containing no oil or gas, the cycloaliphatic material and mold design offer outstanding performance. Excellent hydrophobicity, ultraviolet resistance, shed design, and physical properties are all inherent to the NOVA insulation system. This ensures the DAS is an environmentally safe switch for general purpose, distribution automation, and distribution switching applications.
- The DAS provides manual or electrical OPEN or CLOSE capability and is operated by a auxiliary low-voltage power source. Circuit switching is accomplished via remote control.
- The DAS is designed and tested in accordance with IEC-265-1 and ANSI C37.66 standards.