Arrester-Flipper Fuse Cutout Combinations
Eaton offers a wide variety of arrester/flipper fuse combinations. Flipper fuse assemblies can be ordered as a standalone kit, or in combination with a variety of distribution-class surge arresters. The packages combine the functions of a transformer mounted arrester and an open link fuse assembly to provide users effective overvoltage and overcurrent protection with a minimum of pole-top hardware.
- Lightly loaded distribution systems with low available fault currents are ideal locations for these combinations.
- Current ratings of the flipper fuse assembly include a continuous current rating of 50 A and an interrupting rating of 1200 A.
- Arresters in these packages can be ordered with silicone rubber (UltraSIL™) or porcelain housings, while the internal design is a gapless MOV (VariSTAR®).
- Arresters are available in normal or heavy duty distribution classifications.
- All surge arresters supplied in these combinations have been tested to, and meet or exceed, all the requirements of the latest revision of IEEE C62.11, “IEEE Standard for Metal-oxide Surge Arresters for Alternating Current Power Circuits.”
- Fuse links are not included with these packages.