RFN-1200 Wireless Radio
The RFN-1200 wireless radio from Eaton's Cooper Power Systems provides secure two-way communication with the Yukon™ master station using the DNP3 protocol. Both serial and Ethernet connectivity is standard with the RFN-1200 radio. Flexible deployment options allow the radio to be used as an overlay to an existing Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) or Demand Response (DR) network.
The RFN-1200 radio can be utilized in a Distribution Automation (DA) scenario to leverage Eaton’s self-forming, self-optimizing and self-healing Smart Grid network. This network-first approach can assist in tracking and maintaining
critical utility assets today, and allow your utility to leverage the network for your future Smart Grid applications.
- The RFN-1200 can be used with many types of controls such as capacitor bank controls, voltage regulator controls and reclosers.
- Fully interoperable within Eaton’s Cooper Power Systems Smart Grid network
- Auto-populated setup within the Yukon head-end master station
- Supports industry standard DA communications over RF AMI networks (DNP 3.0)
- Can be used with existing DA devices:
- Capacitor bank control
- Voltage regulator controls
- Recloser controls