SMP Product Line
Eaton’s SMP Gateway has evolved to become one of the most advanced automation platforms in the industry and provides all the functions required by the modern automation system in a single highly reliable and powerful package. In addition to data concentrator, protocol translator and logic processor functions, it provides a built-in HMI and secure remote maintenance access to substation and field devices, reducing operating costs and increasing productivity for a large variety of applications. It is available in a number of models to meet your project requirements.
The SMP I/O is a substation-grade distributed I/O module designed for today’s substations. It supports binary input and binary output cards, as well as analog input cards. It operates with AC or DC voltage, and communicates using the DNP3 protocol over serial RS-485, or TCP/IP using fiber or copper Ethernet. It supports IEC 61850 GOOSE messaging and can be integrated with the SMP Gateway, or used as a standalone I/O module that connects directly to a DNP3 master station.
The SMP SC-2200 computing platform is designed for automation projects functions that require a general purpose computing platform running a standard OS such as Microsoft Windows or Linux to perform security, data processing, or utility developed functions.
Utility automation systems are evolving from traditional RTUs to advanced distribution and substation automation systems (SAS) based on multi-function automation platforms. Eaton has been at the forefront of this evolution with its SMP Gateway line of products that leverages 25 years of experience working with utilities to provide solutions to their most challenging automation projects.
Simplify Integration and Provide Independence
With their robust and scalable design, the SMP Gateway family of products provide a flexible solution that adapts to your evolving automation requirements.
- One platform for all your automation projects.
- Best in the industry processing power to implement the most demanding projects.
- Designed to evolve through regular software and firmware updates, ensuring a future-proof automation system.
- Robust substation-grade hardware platform meets IEEE 1613 and IEC 61850-3 requirements to ensure continued operation in the most demanding environments.
- High availability through advanced hardware and software redundancy features, including software hot standby and redundant communications paths, dual power supply option, and redundant network connectivity with PRP/HSR/PTP.
- Avoid getting trapped in a single vendor solution with a standards-based interoperable platform.
- Supports essentially all industry standard and legacy protocols.
- Protect your investments by integrating legacy equipment with the newest technologies, including IEC 61850.
- Strengthen automation system cybersecurity by isolating critical devices within a secure perimeter protected by encrypted communications, user authentication, invalid password account lockout, and enforced through network segmentation.
- Secure SCADA communications and certificate-based authentication.
- Signed firmware updates.
- Malware protection.
- Field-upgradable firmware to address technical and cybersecurity issues.
- Simplify remote IED maintenance through NERC CIP compliant remote access.
- Integrated HMI with commissioning tool, alarm management, single-line diagrams, real-time data visualization, dashboards, access to logs and event records, and relay fault records.
- Very fast configuration change and reboot cycle for improved commissioning productivity.
- Add intelligent control functions using the built-in IEC 61131-5 compliant Soft PLC engine.
- Retrieve and manage non-operational data such as fault records and Digital Fault Recorder (DFR) files.
- Reduce maintenance effort through the use of Eaton’s IED Manager Suite for configuration management, password management and firmware updates.
- Develop your own management applications through the REST API.
SMP and Yukon IED Manager Suite
SMP products work with Yukon IED Manager Suite for centralized management, increased security and even more network reliability.
- Reduce total cost of ownership
- Reduce substation downtime
- Improve network reliability