The POSI-BREAK system not only protects your operators, but increases reliability by reducing outages.
Partial vacuum flashovers result in line-to-ground faults, cause expensive outages, system damage, cause over-current protection to operate, and most importantly can be dangerous to operators. Protection of your most important asset is always a concern. Cooper Power Systems listened to these concerns and answered with our POSI-BREAK Elbow and Cap, and the POSI-BREAK Elbow Arrester to increase your safety options.
Integrity and Reliability
Dielectric breakdown on underground operating systems is influenced by many factors, such as interface contamination, operating variations and high altitude. These factors contribute to the possibility of interface flashover.
The design developed by Cooper Power Systems engineers takes these system variables into consideration, not just the phenomenon of partial vacuum induced flashover.
- Greatly reduces partial vacuum induced flashovers
- Meets or exceeds IEEE 386™ standard requirements and IEEE C62.11™ standard (for POSI-BREAK M.O.V.E. Arrester only)
- Interchangeable with all previously installed components
- Enhances overall system performance
- Test report verification available for operating interface dielectric test at the 30 kV level
- Easily retrofittable on existing installations
- Installs without an outage
- Increases strike distance of system
- Improves overall switching margin
- Available in a full product range
- Visual indicator for positive field identification
- Long term system reliability maintained
- Supports 30 kV performance standard