LED Parking Garage Lighting Phase II
• Media company, Atlanta, GA
• Parking garage lighting phase II
• One-to-one retrofit of metal halide (MH) to LED
• Average $116,000 in annual savings
• Annual energy savings of over 1,230,000 kWh
• Reduced load by 140 kW
• Reduction equivalent to 882 metric tons of CO2 emissions annually
• Maintenance-free for over six years
McGraw-Edison Valet™ LED
Pleased with the outcome of an LED lighting upgrade of metal halide fixtures at one of its parking garages—resulting in approximately $62,000 annual savings—a large media company located in Atlanta, Georgia partnered again with Eaton to retrofit two additional secured parking garages with LED lighting. The goals in upgrading these parking decks to LED luminaires were to not only achieve significant energy savings and reduce maintenance costs, but also to improve light levels.
The customer chose to replace its 845 existing 175W metal halide fixtures with Eaton's McGraw-Edison Valet™ LED two LightBAR™ luminaires. The retrofit reduced the electrical load from approximately 220W per fixture to 54W per fixture for a total load reduction of 140 kW or 1,230,000 kWH annually, realizing a $116,000 operational savings with a 3.5 year payback (not including tax incentives).