LED Parking Garage Lighting - Media Company Phase I
• Media company, Atlanta, GA
• Parking garage lighting
• One-to-one retrofit of metal halide (MH) to LED
• Average $62,000 in annual savings
• Annual energy savings of over 615,000 kWh
• Reduced load by 70 kW
• Reduction equivalent to 442 metric tons of CO2 emissions annually
• Maintenance-free for over six years
McGraw-Edison Valet™ LED
A large media company located in Atlanta, Georgia partnered with Eaton to retrofit one of its secured parking garages with LED lighting. The main goal in retrofitting this garage with LED was to achieve significant energy savings and reduce maintenance costs while maintaining similar light levels.
After evaluating and testing several LED parking garage fixtures, the customer chose to replace its 421 existing 175W metal halide fixtures with Eaton McGraw-Edison Valet™ LED two LightBAR™ luminaires. The retrofit reduced the electrical load from approximately 220W per fixture to 53W per fixture, for a total load reduction of 70 kW or 615,000 kWH annually, resulting in $62,000 in operational savings with a 2.5 year payback (not including tax incentives). The satisfied customer subsequently completed LED retrofits of two additional parking garages with the Valet luminaire.