Clamped EBMXC Series Explosionproof Combination Motor Starters
The world's only clamped enclosure for hazardous areas.
One of the biggest challenges with enclosures located in hazardous areas is accessibility. To access internal components for preventative maintenance or troubleshooting, up to 70 bolts have to be loosened and then retightened, leading to extended periods of downtime and safety risks due to improperly torqued or missing bolts.
The clamped EBMX enclosure utilizes patented clamping technology to reduce downtime, increase safety and lower maintenance costs.
- Harsh and hazardous motor control environments, including refineries, chemical and petrochemical plants, corrosive process facilities, food and beverage, marine and mining
- Across-the-line starting, stopping, speed changing and reversing of polyphased AC induction motors
|Enclosure Sizes||Size 2 (NEMA size 0-2); size 3 (NEMA size 3 and 4)|
|Electrical Rating||3 poles, 600 VAC|
|Breaker Trip Ranges||15A-200A, thermal magnetic (standard); electronic (optional)|
|NEMA Starter Sizes||NEMA size 1, 2, 3, 4|
|Overload Relays||Bi-metallic/thermal (standard); electronic/solid state (optional)|
|Enclosure AIC Rating||10kAIC at 600V (standard); 65kAIC at 480V and 35kAIC at 600V (optional)|
|Materials||Body/cover – copper-free aluminum; clamp – anodized copper-free aluminum; external hardware – stainless steel; internal parts – galvanized steel|
|Temperature Range||-25°C to 40°C (standard); -50°C to 40°C (optional); -25°C to 60°C (optional)|
- Clamped enclosure significantly reduces time to enter enclosure and reduces opportunity for missing, stripped or broken bolts
- 65kAIC at 480V enclosure rating for high interrupting capacity applications
- -50°C to +60°C temperature range for extreme environments
- Magnetic, thermal magnetic and electronic break trip options for short circuit and overcurrent protection
- Bi-metallic and electronic/solid state overload protection options
- Up to six cover operators for a variety of applications
- Side operated breaker handle provides visual confirmation of proper operator alignment while cover is open and can be padlocked in either "ON" or "OFF" positions for OSHA compliance
- Neoprene cover gasket provides NEMA 4X protection for hose down applications
- Maximum wiring room compliance with National Electrical Code® requirements allows for easy and safe installation*
- Rugged, corrosion-resistant, cast copper-free aluminum construction provides NEMA 4X protection
- Semi-clamshell enclosure design, with an external flanged ground joint between body and cover, provides increased access to interior components
- Minimum enclosure-to-enclosure spacing with little interference between the opened cover and adjacent enclosure
- Pre-drilled mounting plate for simple starter and breaker installation
- Detachable tap-on mounting feet
- Steel brackets supplied standard for lifting during installation
- Bodies have top and bottom drilled and tapped entries for power and control conduits; removable reducers are supplied standard to accommodate smaller size conduits; all conduit entries are plugged
*Standard factory wiring included between the starter and breaker – consult factory for any additional wiring requirements.