EJB Series Explosionproof Enclosures
EJBs are used in hazardous areas:
- As a junction or pull box
- To provide enclosures for splices and branch circuit taps
- For housing terminal blocks, relays and other electrical devices
- In areas which are hazardous due to the presence of hydrogen or gases and vapors of equivalent hazard such as found in process industries, missile bases and gas manufacturing plants
Class I, Divisions 1 and 2, Groups B*, C† and D‡
Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F and G
Class II, Division 2, Groups F and G
Class I, Zones 1 and 2
- UL Standard: 1203
- cUL to CSA Standard C22.2 No. 30
- ATEX: Ex d IIB + H2 T6, IP66
- ATEX certificate: ITS08ATEX15797U
- Enclosure Type 3, 3R, 4, 4X*, 7BCD, 9EFG
- IEC Standard: EN:60079-0 and EN:60079-1
- IECEx certificate: IECEx ETL 13.0040U
*For Group B, install sealing fitting in each conduit run within 18" of the enclosure. To meet 4X requirement, add suffix S752 or S753.
†EJB361208, 361808, 362408 and all style D enclosures require sealing fittings within 18" of enclosure for each conduit run for Group C locations.
‡Style D enclosures require sealing fittings within 18" of enclosure for each conduit run for Group D locations.