EID Series Explosionproof, Compact Disconnect Switches
Designed with safety and reliability in mind.
EID Series Explosionproof, Compact Disconnect Switches:
- Provide an explosionproof disconnect switch assembly for hazardous area electrical systems
- Incorporate Eaton's high integrity manufacturing standards for reliability and safety in a compact, space-efficient NEMA 4* enclosure
*When ordered with S752 or S753 suffix.
|Circuit Protection||Fused; non-fused|
|Switch Rating (Amperages)||30; 60; 100; 200; 400A|
|Voltages||240 VAC; 480 VAC; 600 VAC; 250 VDC|
|Body and Cover Material||Copper-free aluminum|
|Cover Bolt Materials||Steel; stainless steel|
|Hinge Material||Stainless steel|
|Mounting Plate Sheet and Rotary Actuating Handle Material||Aluminum|
- Can be ordered as enclosure only, allowing for field installation of switch while maintaining product certification
- NEMA 4X breather and drain** provides a moisture control solution in hose-down applications
- Small, compact footprint - less mounting space required
- Large red painted aluminum rotary handle operator mounted on cover assembly provides rugged, reliable performance in the field and allows for the position of the switch to be easily identified
- Neoprene cover gasket provides NEMA 4 (hosetight) environmental rating
- Detachable/adjustable mounting feet provide flexible mounting alternatives for ease of installation; no need to replace the entire enclosure if a mounting foot is broken
- Stainless steel hinges provide easy access to inside of enclosure for wiring and maintenance
- Top and bottom conduit entries standard for easy feed of conductors
- (2) 1/2" NPT conduit entries, one on top and one on bottom, for field addition of breather and/or drain or for use with auxiliary contacts; †holes come plugged with Eaton's Crouse-Hinds series PLG explosionproof as standard
- Provides lockout/tagout capability which complies with OSHA requirements, allowing for locking in the ON or OFF position for standard maintenance checks
- Complies with NEC Article 312 wire bending requirements for max gauge wire, allowing for easy and safe installation, and reliable operation of product
**When ordered with S756V suffix.
†For both drains and auxiliary contacts, please contact factory.