Industrial Control Panels
Below is information on components often found in industrial control panels along with educational literature to help understand their application.
Components found in industrial control panels have a variety of different characteristics and limitations. This section addresses some of the more common components.
- High SCCR Power Distribution & Terminal Block Line Data Sheet #1049
- Motor Circuit Protection Components
- Supplemental Protectors
New requirements for industrial control panels specify Short-circuit Current Rating marking among other things. Cooper Bussmann has published a number of documents to help in understanding SCCR calculations and other requirements.
- SCCR Update Based on 2008 NEC®
- Simplified Guide to Understanding SCCR
- Motor Circuit Protective Devices
- Control Panel Marking and SCCR Calculation Tutorial
Component Application Papers
These application papers are specific to topics related to industrial control panels (the use of power distribution blocks and small conductors). They reference UL and NFPA requirements as well as other specifications.