SurgePOD™ HEAVY DUTY
Surge Protection Made Simple™ - Type 1 SPDs provide ultimate surge protection for critical commercial and industrial applications
- Type 1 UL 1449 4thEdition Listed SPDs are easily selected and installed on the loadside or lineside of the service entrance overcurrent protective device
- Patented Bussmann series SurgePOD™ module technology eliminates the need for additional fusing
- Voltage specific models precisely match and protect electrical systems and equipment up to 600Vac
- Compact UV resistant NEMA 4X for indoor or outdoor installation
- easyID™ LED status indicator provides surge protection status at a glance
SurgePOD™ HEAVY DUTY
Today’s world is full of electronic products and electrical devices that are susceptible to damage from overvoltage surges.
Surges caused by static discharge, capacitive and inductive loads or lightning can quickly destroy sophisticated electronic equipment and components used in industrial and commercial applications and cripple operations – particularly the data and communication systems that virtually every enterprise relies upon today, including UL 508A panels with their reliance on control circuits.
Eaton offers a wide selection of surge protection products that help assure power quality by mitigating damaging surge and overvoltage conditions.
- The HEAVY DUTY Type 1 SPD for critical commercial and industrial applications
- 120 to 600Vac
- 200kA SCCR
- Single-phase, split-phase, Wye, Delta and Highleg Delta systems
- Five-year warranty
2-D & 3-D drawings (see SPEC SHEETS and DOWNLOADS tab below)
Find the surge protective device you need based upon your overvoltage protection needs - covers power and data signal SPDs.
|System voltages (Vac)||- 120
|Electrical systems||- Single-phase
- Split phase
- Highleg Delta
|Nominal/maximum discharge current (8x20µs)||20kA In / 50kA Imax|
|Standard||UL 1449 4th Edition Type 1 Listed SPD|
|Enclosure / material||NEMA 4X / UL 94-5VA|
|Agency information||- cULus
- CSA (excluding 600V Wye versions)
- RoHS compliant
|Specifications (for all SurgePOD HD units)||Values|
|Short Circuit Current Rating (SCCR)||200kA|
Nominal discharge current (8x20μs) In
|Max. Discharge Current (8x20μs) Imax||50kA|
Response time tA
|Operating state/fault indication||Bi-Color LED - green (good) / red (replace)|
|Conductor length / guage||18 inches, 10 AWG stranded tinned copper|
||Chase nipple / bracket*|
|Enclosure / flammability ratings||NEMA 4X - UL 94-5VA|
|Degree of protection (installed state)||IP20 finger-safe|
|Install location||Indoor / outdoor|
Location in circuit
||Lineside or loadside of service entrance overcurrent protective device|
|Standard||UL 1449 3rd Edition Type 1 Listed SPD|
|Agency information||cULus, CSA**, RoHS compliant|
|Operating temperature range||-40˚C to +85˚C|
|Maximum operating altitude||16,000FT|
* Customer-supplied bracket.
** 600V Wye versions not CSA Certified.
*** See Cooper Bussmann SPD Limited Warranty Statement (3A1502) for details.