Cooper Bussmann SurgePOD surge protective overvoltage devices are board-mounted. Upon an overvoltage condition, their voltage clamping feature becomes conductive, safely shunting the surge to ground.
All SurgePOD devices are UL 1449 3rd Edition Recognized Type 1 SPD and contain an internal element that safely disconnects the device upon reaching an overvoltage breakdown condition.
Optional remote contact signaling is accomplished with an optional Normally Open microswitch that closes upon reaching an overvoltage breakdown condition.
Optional local visual indication is accomplished with optional visual indicating tabs that protrude through the device’s top upon reaching an overvoltage breakdown condition.
Six modules with available ratings for systems from 150Vac to 550Vac
|Agency Information||UL 1449 3rd Edition Recognized Type 1 Surge Protective Device for AC applications; File E340782|
|Maximum Continuous Operating Voltage (MCOV)||150Vac to 550Vac See Data Sheet 1170 for details|
|Short-Circuit Current Rating (SCCR)||200kA|
|Nominal Discharge Current (In)||8/20µs 20kA|
|Max Discharge Current Rating (Imax)||8/20µs 50kA|
|Optional Remote Contact Signaling Microswitch||20mA @ 15Vdc|
|Environmental Specifications||- Plastic Material: Polybutylene Terephthalate; Flammability Rating: UL 94V0
- Storage Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
|Electrical Safety||All components are rated IP20 finger-safe in the installed state|
- MCOV Voltage ratings to meet system requirements (150V, 270V, 320V, 420V, 510V and 550V).
- Long (16.76mm) or short (6.87mm) terminals to match application design needs.
- Optional local visual indication tab of overvoltage breakdown condition.
- Optional remote contact signaling Normally Open (NO) microswitch for integration into monitoring systems.
- IP20 Finger-safe rated in the installed state.