BSPD Type 1 and Type 2 SPDs
High capacity surge protective devices for switchboards
The BSPD Surge Protective Devices (SPDs) help protect electrical and electronic equipment from overvoltage surges. What’s more, they enable compliance with 2014 NEC® 700.8 that requires a listed SPD to be installed in or on all emergency system switchboards and panelboards.
The RoHS compliant BSPD uses thermally protected Bussmann series SurgePOD™ technology to safely shunt overvoltages to ground while its thermal disconnect capability eliminates the need for additional fusing.
Find the surge protective device you need based upon your overvoltage protection needs - covers power and data signal SPDs.
|Catalog Number||BSPD_ (build-a-code) See product profile for details|
|Voltages and systems||- 120/208V Wye
- 277/480V Wye
- 600V Wye
- 240V Delta
- 480V Delta
- 600V Delta
|Nominal discharge current||20kA In|
|Surge current capacity per phase Imax||- 120kA
|Enclosures||- NEMA 1
- NEMA 4X 304 stainless steel
|Configurations||- Basic (Type 1)
- Standard (Type 2)
- Standard with Surge Counter (Type 2)
|Agency information||- Basic (Type 1), Standard (Type 2) and Standard with Surge Counter (Type 2) configurations UL Listed 1449 4th Edition, File E316410 Guide VZCA, CSA Certified Notice 516 File 43397
- Standard (Type 2) and Standard with Surge Counter (Type 2) configurations are also UL Recognized 1283 5th Edition File E316410 Guide VZCA2, CSA Component acceptance Std. C22.2 No. 8-M1986 File 243397
High capacity BSPD SPDs offer:
- 120kA to 400kA surge current capacity ratings (Imax) meet the requirements of larger switchboards and electrical panels.
- UL maximum 20kA nominal discharge current rating (In) and 200kA Short-Circuit Current Rating (SCCR) meet most system requirements.
- easyID™ LED status indicators provide surge protection at a glance.
- Available Form C contact, EMI/RFI filtering and surge counter options to meet specific application requirements.