SAMI Fuse Covers, Indicating and Non-Indicating
SAMI fuse covers
Bussmann™ series Safety and Maintenance Improvement (SAMI™) fuse covers for UL® Class CC, G, H(K), J and UL supplemental (midget) fuses. Available in open fuse indicting and non-indicating versions, SAMI fuse covers provide a convenient means to help improve safety by providing a cover that snaps on fuses that are mounted in open-style fuse blocks from various manufacturers.
Order one cover per block pole.
For new installations, we recommend using Bussmann series modular fuse blocks that have optional IP20 finger-safe covers in indicating and non-indicating versions. See related products below.
|Volts||- Non-Indicating up to 600 Vac/dc
- Indicating 90 to 600 Vac and 115 to 600 Vdc (for indicator operation)
|Fuse amps||Up to 100 A fuse class dependent|
|Agency information||- UL Listed (SAMI-7_ are UL Recognized)
- CSA Certified, Class 6225-01, File LR47235
|Material||Black Thermoplastic with a UL 94-V2 flammability rating|
- Innovative design covers open fuse block terminals and contacts
- Fits most competitive fuse blocks
- Yellow indicating light shows when the fuse is open to help troubleshooting the system and reduce downtime
- All versions are reusable — no need to pay for indication every time a fuse opens
- Less than 0.6 mA leakage current at 600 volt
- Visual lineside and loadside marking
- SAMI cover ends can be easily trimmed to fit over existing wiring or to fit most safety switches
- Dead-front construction provides added protection against accidental contact by maintenance personnel
- Labels are provided with the SAMI fuse cover for writing in circuit or fuse information
- One cover is required for each pole
To avoid electrical shock, turn power off before installing, removing or servicing. For SAMI trimming guide specifications refer to the following data sheet numbers: 7008 - SAMI 1-9 Trimming Guides.