SurgePOD™ PRO surge protector
Surge Protection Made Simple™ - Type 1 SPD for light commercial and residential applications
- Type 1 UL 1449 3rd Edition Listed SPDs are easily selected and installed on the loadside or lineside of the service entrance overcurrent protective device
- Thermal disconnect technology eliminates the need for additional fusing
- Compact UV resistant NEMA 4X enclosure for indoor or outdoor installation
- easyID™ LED status indicator provides surge protection status at a glance
Today’s world is full of electronic products and electrical devices that are susceptible to damage from overvoltage surges.
Surges caused by static discharge, capacitive and inductive loads or lightning can quickly destroy sophisticated electronic equipment and components used in light commercial and residential applications – particularly the data, communication and security systems that many small business and residences rely upon today, including UL 508A panels with their reliance on control circuits.
Eaton offers a wide selection of surge protection products that help assure power quality by mitigating damaging surge and overvoltage conditions.
- The PRO Type 1 SPD for light commercial and residential applications
- 200kA SCCR
- Split phase systems
- Two-year warranty
|Catalog Number||RB-SPP-240PN (retail package), SPP40SP2240PN (contents)|
|Units per case||4|
|Electrical systems||Split phase|
|Nominal/maximum discharge current (8x20µs)||10kA In / 40kA Imax|
|Standard||UL 1449 3rd Edition Type 1 Listed SPD|
|Enclosure / material||NEMA 4X / UL 94-5VA|
|Agency information||- cULus
- RoHS compliant
|Operating state/indication||Bi-color LED - green (good) / red (replace)|
|Conductor length / guage||18 inches, 10 AWG stranded tinned copper|
|Mounting||Chase nipple / bracket*|
|Degree of protection (installed state)||IP20 (finger-safe)|
|SPD install location||Indoor/outdoor|
|Circuit location||Lineside or loadside of service entrance overcurrent protective device|
|Product Warranty||2 years**|
Operating temperature range
||-40°C to +65°C|
|Maximum operating altitude||12000FT|
* Customer-supplied bracket.
** See limited warranty statement (3A1502) for details.