Seismic Bracing & Restraints
When seismic forces are exerted on a building and its contents during an earthquake, these forces act horizontally upon the structure itself as well as the piping, cable trays, ductwork and other building systems within. Typical supports are designed for the gravity or vertical loads but do not take into account the horizontal loading caused by earthquakes. Seismic restraints resist the horizontal forces and keep the systems in place and secure.
B-Line seismic restraint systems are designed to resist seismic loading while minimizing installation time and providing superior performance.
- Download Entire Catalog (386 pages - 20.1 MB)
- Introduction, Forward, Section 1 - General Notes (28 pages - 1.84 MB)
- Section 2 - Single Hanger Rigid Brace Details (20 pages - 1.35 MB)
- Section 3 - Single Pipe Hanger Rigid Brace Spacing Charts (24 pages -1.46 MB)
- Section 4 - Trapeze Rigid Brace Details (25 pages - 1.73 MB)
- Section 5 - Trapeze Rigid Brace Spacing Charts (24 pages - 1.59 MB)
- Section 6 - Single Hanger Cable Brace Details (13 pages - 893 KB)
- Section 7 - Single Pipe Hanger Cable Brace Spacing Charts (24 pages - 1.69 MB)
- Section 8 - Trapeze Cable Brace Details (24 pages - 1.79 MB)
- Section 9 - Trapeze Cable Brace Spacing Charts (24 pages - 1.57 MB)
- Section 10 - Gravity Support Details (10 pages - 688 KB)
- Section 11 - Structural Attachments (75 pages - 4.88 MB)
- Section 12 - Seismic Brace Components (31 pages - 4.2 MB)
- Section 13 - Hanger Components (46 pages - 2.58 MB)
- Section 14 - Miscellaneous Details (6 pages - 509 KB)
- Appendices A, B, C (12 pages - 513 KB)
This catalog is designed to be helpful to engineers and contractors in the application and selection of pipe hangers, supports and seismic bracing for construction and maintenance.