Structural Steel Savings Opportunities for Cable Ladder Systems
Lower total install cost solution through reduction of structural steel supports
Eaton’s B-Line series metallic cable ladder systems are designed to provide superior strength to weight ratio while providing a lower total installed cost.
To achieve a lower total installed cost, Eaton’s engineers developed an innovative means to significantly reduce the number of structural steel supports needed in cable ladder installations, without diminishing the load carrying capacity of the system.
In addition, extensive laboratory testing has enabled the Eaton B-Line series cable ladder to exceed the National Electrical Manufacturer’s Association (NEMA) VE-2 support recommendations for cable ladder installations.
When assessing a project for the lowest total installed cost, Eaton recommends focusing on four key design considerations:
- Longer straight section spans
- Fitting support locations
- Vertical adjustable support locations
- Thermal expansion support locations
Download the white paper to learn more.
Structural Steel Savings Video
Downloads & Tools
- Engineering Technical Guide
- Engineering Drawings (CAD Details)
- White Paper - lowering total installed cost through structural steel savings
- Cost Savings Calculator – Calculate the potential total savings in reduced structural steel supports in your project
- Heavy Duty Expansion Splice Plates